Monday, October 02, 2006

Show II: "Bands & Their Side Projects"

Well...my second time on the air and I wasn't actually "on air." Although I did set up everything the right way and press all the right buttons, we had more technical issues that prevented the show from actually being "on air." I was told I was not the only show experiencing these problems.

Anyways, it gave me more time to play music and talk to myself...basically. Apparently, we are getting everything fixed and I should be on the air this coming Thursday...fo real. I am 80% sure...you know...just because.

Here is what I managed to play...nothing from my Zen (Creative MP3 player) played. I can't imagine this is the order I played them in. The theme was supposed to be "Side Projects" and I had planned on playing a band and then a band that contained a member from the former band.

Radish- "Little Pink Stars" from the album Restraining Bolt
Ben Kweller- "This Is War" from the album Ben Kweller (fitting considering he played every instrument on the album)
Q and Not U- "A Line In the Sand" from the album No Kill No Beep Beep
Guided By Voices- "Everywhere With Helicopter" from the album Universal Truths And Cycles
The Mooney Suzuki- "Electric Sweat" from the album Electric Sweat
The Mooney Suzuki- "In A Young Man's Mind" from the album Electric Sweat
Little Yellow Box- "Ginger" from the album Et Cetera
Sparta- "Glasshouse Tarot" from the album Wiretap Scars
Piebald- "Get Old or Die Trying" from the album All Ears All Eyes All the Time
The Velvet Teen- "Radiapathy" from the album Out of the Fierce Parade
Young Widows- "The Charmers" from the album Settle Down City

I might have played a few more songs...but I don't remember...I just played random stuff after a few friends informed me that I was not on air.

Tune this Thursday.

Peace,
Quinn S.

EDIT: Oh...and many thanks to Brett for creating the new banner.

1 comment:

Brett said...

Welcome sir, thanks for using it :)