Monday, December 04, 2006

Show X: "Love: Boys and Girls"

The weather changed a lot here. It was really warm. I had recently rented out a number of albums from the library, which aided my attempt to create a playlist about love.

Upon first thought, you might think that I had a certain motive for creating a list for this theme. However, it was done simply for the music...nothing more. I had wanted to compile a list of songs on this topic for quite some time. Honestly, it did not quite turn out the way I had hoped. Nevertheless, it was fun.

My best friend Brett came and sat in with me. He co-hosted a little, but I kind of had to provoke him. He told us about The High Llamas.

Here's the show:
Incubus- "Anna Molly" from the album Light Grenades
Adelphi- "Dope"
Kinks- "Lola" from the album Lola Versus Powerman and the Money-Go-Round, Part One
The Jimi Hendrix Experience- "Bold As Love" from the album Axis: Bold As Love
The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion- "She Said" from the album Plastic Fang
Robert Randolph & The Family Band- "I Need More Love" from the album Unclassified
Interpol- "Evil" from the album Antics
Wilco- "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" from the album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
The Guess Who- "American Woman" from the album American Woman
George Thorogood & The Destroyers- "Who Do You Love?" from the album Move It On Over
New York Dolls- "We're All In Love" from the album One Day It Will Please Us To Remember Even This

There was no show the previous week as it was a holiday week.

Peace,
Quinn S.

No comments: