Thursday, December 25, 2008

How Did I Spend My Christmas Eve?


My birthday was a few weeks back...okay, last week. A week beforehand, a good friend of mine gave me an early birthday present. I guess at some point in the past I had professed my love for the film High Fidelity. To my surprise, my friend remembered all of this and presented me with a copy of it on DVD for my birthday. How awesome!

There is so much to say about this film. It connects with me on a certain level -- the whole music/relationship/love connection and all. I placed it in my top five favorite films of all-time after seeing it for the second time (the same viewing that inspired this post). After receiving it for my birthday, I started to feel as though it might be the number one in my top five. Having just watched it again, I going to have to go with my gut on this one and put it at number one. (Haha...top 5s and going with your gut. So very Rob Gordon and not so very Rob Gordon)

I'm not even going to try and be all hip and witty, writing something for the film. I'm just going to type this: JUST WATCH IT.

What's that...you haven't seen it?
Oh, you really need to see it then.

What's that...you've already seen it?
Oh, you really need to see it again.

Merry (insert your holiday here).

In the next few days (before 2009, I swear):
-a review of The Golden Hands Before God...'s extended-player Here
-my top 10 albums and songs of 2008

Thanks, Asa.

1 comment:

Asa said...

Hahah, so glad you enjoyed and continue to enjoy it! I watched most of it the other week for the first time since summer. Reaffirmed how close it is to my heart.