Thursday, April 02, 2009

Oh, April Fools' Day



A few hours ago it was April Fools' Day. It's not a "holiday" that I happen to like. I can't say why exactly, it's just not something I've ever been particularly fond of. My friend got everyone today when he told us he had chopped off all his hair. He's abroad in England, so we had no real reason not to believe him (totally forgot what the day was). He's got long, long black hair -- the kind of hair that says "yeah, I headbang." I thought maybe this was the year he might have actually gone for it, but no. You got us, Asa. You got us well.

From all of the April Fools' Day stuff I happened to hear about, I'd say my favorite was Bjork announcing she had joined Led Zeppelin as their new vocalist. Think about it...no really. Can you imagine say, the breakdown of "Whole Lotta Love" with Bjork doing her thing over it? Yeah, wild indeed. I'm not afraid to admit, I almost believed it when I saw the headline. Consider the possibilities Mr. Jones, Mr. Page, and Mr. Bonham.

Anyone hear about that new Nine Inch Nails record? It's got Justin Timberlake on it and it was produced by Timberland! Yeah, that's not actually happening, but you caught the subtle jab at Chris Cornell's recent Timbaland-produced outing, right? Oh, but if it were real, if only...just look at Strobe Light's tracklist:
  1. intro skit
  2. everybody's doing it (featuring chris martin, jay-z AND bono)
  3. black t-shirt
  4. pussygrinder (featuring sheryl crow)
  5. coffin on the dancefloor
  6. this rhythm is infected
  7. slide to the dark side
  8. even closer (featuring justin timberlake and maynard james keenan)
  9. on the list (she's not)
  10. clap trap crack slap
  11. laid, paid and played (featuring fergie of the black eyed peas and al jourgensen)
  12. feel like being dead again
  13. still hurts (featuring alicia keys)
  14. outro skit
AbsolutePunk's news post that the latest Plain White T's album had gone diamond, putting the band in the ranks of The Beatles and The Eagles was pretty hilarious, too.

1 comment:

Asa said...

Nyeah nyeah! My friend who does a UMBC metal show convinced his subscribers AP was going to start sponsoring it in exchange for airplay from artists the magazine covered. He got some serious threates, haah!