Tuesday, December 15, 2009

4.4: "Punk Rock"

I spent a few weeks writing a term paper about punk rock's relationship with politics. This show's playlist featured a chronological list of punk bands (some of which were predecessors of the punk genre).

MC5 - "Kick Out The Jams"
The Stooges - "Search And Destroy"
Death - "Politicians In My Eyes"
The Clash - "Clampdown"
Black Flag - "Rise Above"
Bad Brains - "Big Take Over"
Minutemen - "Shit From An Old Notebook"
The Ex - "Frenzy"
Refused - "New Noise"
Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - "Ballad Of The Sin Eater"
Getatchew Mekuria & The Ex - "Musicawi silt"

Aired: 12/10/09

I feel like there was one more show from this semester, but I currently can't locate a playlist for it. Anyways, thanks for listening this semester. I'll be back next semester, most likely the same time and day. Stay tuned. Thanks, again.

No comments: