Monday, May 20, 2013

LISTEN: The Zolas - "Knot In My Heart" (Nacey Remix)


Having a music blog as a hobby is one of the many great pleasures in life, but, as it is a hobby and not my full-time gig, I miss a lot of great music. Take for example The Zolas. I've seen their name around the web a fair amount over the past few months, but I've never truly listened to them until now. And what do I have to thank for that? Well, a remix of all things. And if you've followed Mixtape Muse over the past 7 years, you know I'm not the biggest fan of remixes. But this excellent Nacey remix of the band's great single "Knot In My Heart" has turned my ears towards The Zolas. The original's avant-pop is morphed into an enrapturing electro sound that's just ever so slightly chilled around the edges.



And the original...



The Zolas new album, Ancient Mars, is out now on Light Organ Records. Nacey's remix of "Knot In My Heart" is also available now on Light Organ Records.

No comments: