Monday, April 07, 2014

LISTEN: Sluggers - "Turbo Fade" (Lazerdisk Remix)


Hey there. It's been a while, but I'm back to it now that the site is back up and running. Shall we?

I'm not typically a fan of remixes -- for anyone just checking in -- but sometimes they steal my attention like Mondays steal your cheer (Eh? Ok ok, sticking to music writing). Anyways, one of the few songs I've had on repeat recently has been, you guessed it, a remix. I had never heard the original version of Sluggers' "Turbo Fade," so I had zero context for Los Angeles duo Lazerdisk's reworked version of the song -- and maybe that's why I enjoy it so much. That uninhibited first listen had me hooked just moments in, with it's mix of hard-hitting, infectious beats, ethereal drapery, and adventurous synth lines.

And maybe the best part about this whole story of man meeting remix is the fact that I discovered this track from this video. That music director is on point, huh?

No comments: