Friday, October 27, 2006

Show VI: "Import Night"

Last night's theme was "Import Night." The entire playlist was made up of bands from outside the States. All in all, it went over well. I tried experimenting with playing instrumental music while I was talking, but I didn't really get the levels right. As a result, much of my banter was incoherent...not that you missed anything.

Here's last night's show:
The Living End- "Roll On" from the album Roll On
The Futureheads- "Worry About It Later" from the album News and Tributes
Phoenix- "Consolation Prizes" from the album It's Never Been Like That
Dirty Pretty Things- "Deadwood" from the album Waterloo To Anywhere
The Music- "Cessation" from the album Welcome To the North
Dizzee Rascal- "Fix Up, Look Sharp" from the album Boy In Da Corner
Massive Attack (feat. Mos Def)- "I Against I" from the Blade II Soundtrack
James Hunter- "No Smoke Without Fire" from the album People Gonna Talk
Radiohead- "Electioneering" from the album OK Computer
The D4- "Heartbreaker" from the album 6Twenty
Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock*- "It Takes Two" from the album It Takes Two

*Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock are from the United States. This was my, uh, special treat for the night.

Thanks for listening,
Quinn S.

No comments: