Thursday, December 02, 2010

Crash Avenue Releases December Compilation "I Guess I'm Bloating" For Download

Yes, that is Paula Deen

It's a new month (already?!), which means there's another new Crash Avenue compilation available for download! Following on the heels of November's Aqua Buddha Drunkard compilation comes December's playfully-titled I Guess I'm Bloating. The title may be a a loving poke at music blog I Guess I'm Floating, but really, let's face it: it was just Thanksgiving and Christmas is upon us so our bellies might just be a little full. Anyways, this month's comp features an exclusive, home-recorded cover of PJ Harvey's "Down By the Water" by the wonderful Cheyenne Marie Mize, a lo-fi, spacey cover of Neil Young's "On the Beach" by Emily Reo, and many more killer jams. Stream the whole thing below.

While all the past Crash Avenue compilations have been absolutely free, December's has been set up as "name your price" for a very good reason and a very good cause. All proceeds from I Guess I'm Bloating will be going to the Andy Kotowicz Family Foundation. For those who don't know, Kotowicz was a beloved Sub Pop employee who was killed in a car accident at the end of October. For more information on Kotowicz and the foundation, head over to Sub Pop.



To grab all the past Crash Avenue compilations (for FREE), click here. For more information on this compilation, click here.

No comments: