Thursday, March 03, 2011

Listen to Wye Oak's New LP Right Now

By Natasha Tylea

In case you happened to miss it on our Twitter or don't keep tabs on NPR Music, you can listen to Wye Oak's new album, Civilian, right now before it's released next Tuesday. I've only had a chance to listen to it once all the way through, but just that one listen proved this album to be something special. Of course, I may or may not be a little biased since I live in Baltimore, but still. You'll be hard-pressed to find a band that is capable of creating the same type of mesmerizing, powerful, emotive, and deep music as Wye Oak. I'll quit my blabbing and save that for my review of the album. Check out Civilian below.

LISTEN: Wye Oak - Civilian

The band is also featured in a new article on NPR blog The Record that deals with the growth and character of vinyl records. Read "Slow and Steady: Vinyl Survives" here.

AND if you happened to miss it, MM recently shared the title track from Civilian. Check it out here.

No comments: