Sunday, January 29, 2012

SEE & HEAR: DyE - "Fantasy"


Before we continue, this video is NSFW. Ok? Cool.

I saw this a few months back and knew it would be something I had to share with you all. Thanks to my recent fascination with and growing interest in film, I've begun to appreciate music videos more and more. It's not as though I didn't care for them before, but now I view them through a whole new lens. This anime video for Paris electronic artist DyE's single "Fantasy" starts off with a plot centered around a few teens breaking into a swimming pool to drink some beers and mess around. That sounds relatively trite, I suppose, but what makes this video so special is how it concludes. You never see it coming, and boy is it crazy.

Animated cartoons project a veil of innocent charm, which is why the revelation that they are anything but happy, safe, and innocent makes the art all the more captivating. It's this contrast of the visual and the tone that hooks us in, making plot twists feel especially unexpected and interesting. The case is no different here, as you'll see.



DyE - "Fantasy"


DyE
Facebook
SoundCloud
Tumblr
Twitter

No comments: