Monday, May 06, 2013

"...Like Clockwork" Queens of the Stone Age Reveal More New Music


For those who may not have heard, Queens of the Stone Age are set to release their long-awaited follow up to 2007's Era Vulgaris on June 4th via Matador. The new album, entitled ...Like Clockwork, is the band's sixth full-length and features a number of guests including longtime collaborator Mark Lanegan, former bassist Nick Oliveri, Alex Turner, and Dave Grohl. Earlier today, the band revealed a colorful, dark animated video for a new song called "I Appear Missing." See and hear the track below.


Would you believe that's only half of the song? Yeah, I'm pretty stoked for the rest.

Queens have certainly developed into a rather timeless band, and the music that's been shared from ...Like Clockwork leads me to believe this is going to be one of the best releases of the year. That may be a biased statement based on my excitement for the new album and due to the fact that this is one of the few bands I've found myself consistently returning to. In an age where bands come and go in the span of just a few years, Queens have only gotten better and wiser with their sound. Some of the greats only burn bright for a brief period, but others carve themselves a lasting history. I'm pretty sure the latter is the case here.

...Like Clockwork is available for pre-order now. Grab it here.

No comments: