Tuesday, June 29, 2010

LISTEN: The Thermals - "I Don't Believe You"


The Thermals - "I Don't Believe You"

Download over at Pitchfork

I first heard this song a few months ago when The Thermals were in town, touring with Past Lives and The Coathangers. On record, it sounds even more fast-paced than I remember it. The song continues the band's tradition of producing infectious indie (pop) rock that's bursting with energy. "I Don't Believe You" is the first single from the band's forthcoming Chris Walla-produced album, Personal Life, their second release for Kill Rock Stars and the follow-up to 2009's Now We Can See. The song will be released digitally and as a 7" coupled with b-side "There's Nothing You Can't Learn" on August 10th.

Personal Life Tracklist:
1) I'm Gonna Change Your Life
2) I Don't Believe You
3) Never Listen to Me
4) Not Like Any Other Feeling
5) Power Lies
6) Only for You
7) Alone, A Fool
8) Your Love Is So Strong
9) A Reflection
10) You Changed My Life

That tracklist reads as if this is an old country or doo wop album. I'm excited!

Personal Life is out September 7th on Kill Rock Stars.

The Thermals Tour Dates
July 1 - Calgary, AB @ Distillery - Sled Island Festival
July 2 - Calgary, AB @ Olympic Plaza - Sled Island Festival
July 3 - Calgary, AB @ Republik - Sled Island Festival
July 5 - Chicago, IL @ Jay Pritzker Pavillion - Millenium Park
September 6 - Seattle, WA @ Bumbershoot Festival
September 9 - Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom - Music Fest NW
September 12 - Portland, OR @ Portland Art Museum (You Who Portland kids show)

No comments: