Friday, October 15, 2010

LISTEN: The Glass - "Four Four Letter"

By www.rainerhosch.com

MP3: The Glass - "Four Four Letter"

I don't really party. I don't live it up on the weekends. I'm in my early 20s (uh oh, now you know). I'm not on the market. I'm not trying to mingle in the bar/club scene -- that is to say I don't go downtown to hit up the bars. When I go downtown, I tend to only have one destination in mind: my favorite record shop. I'd say the closest I come to that whole bar/club scene is listening to music that might be blared in such venues.

Enter The Glass, a New York/Berlin duo featuring Dominique Keegan & Glen "DJ Wool" Brady, with their new single "Four Four Letter." It's a perfect fusion of disco, dance, electro pop, and pop that throws you on the dance floor with a rich bass riff, layers of synth, unrelenting drums/percussion, and soft-spoken vocals that lay casually against the energetic backdrop. It's a textured, layered journey through highs and lows of some wild evening spent downtown that packs a lot in before you realize the ride has come to an end.

If you want to check out more of The Glass' work, do so below with their DJ mix.



Featuring:

The Glass 'Four Four Letter' (Black Van Remix)
Renaissance Man 'Babbadabba'
Mr. Ho 'Bumps'
HeavyFeet 'For The Pain'
Crookers feat. Roisin Murphy 'Royal T' (House of House Remix)
DJ Nibc 'Hold On' (Ian Pooley Remix)
Groove Armada 'Look Me In The Eye Sister' (Morten Sorensen Remix)
Populette 'Populus'

And if you're into remixes, check out a whole batch of them for "Four Four Letter" below.



BUY: "Four Four Letter" is from The Glass' latest LP, At Swim Two Birds, out November 16th on Plant Music. You can pre-order it on Amazon. "Four Four Letter" + Remixes is out now on Beatport and October 22nd on iTunes.

The Glass
Facebook
MySpace
SoundCloud
Plant Music

No comments: