Friday, June 17, 2011

Shimmering Stars Releasing Debut LP Violent Hearts, Download Album Cut "I'm Gonna Try"


Vancouver dream/surf pop trio Shimmering Stars are set to release their debut album, Violent Hearts, on September 13th through Hardly Art, in partnership with Almost Musique. The band began just last spring as the recording project of vocalist/guitarist Rory McClure, inspired by some old live footage of the Everly Brothers. You can hear that classic sound in the band's music, and they certainly sound like they've been around for more than just a year.

Hear and download album track "I'm Gonna Try" below. It's got that innocent '50s sound, but the opening line pretty much tells you what the sentiment truly is "Walking down the street and I wanna kill everyone I see." So, it all works out!

MP3: Shimmering Stars - "I'm Gonna Try"

Shimmering Stars
Facebook
MySpace
Hardly Art Page

No comments: