Monday, August 19, 2013

Did You Ever Hear This Biggie & Lana Del Rey Mixtape?


NYC producer Terry Urban teamed up with Dope Couture last year to release Born Ready To Die, which, you guessed it, is a mash-up of Lana Del Rey's Ready To Die and Notorious B.I.G.'s classic Born To Die. The mixtape may have dropped last year, but between the fact that it still sounds fresh and I just heard about it I figured I'd share -- just in case you've been living under a rock like me.

"FTW" is a mix of Del Rey's "National Anthem" and Biggie's "The What," including Method Man's guest verse. The grand, rousing instrumental of "National Anthem" works well as a complement for Biggie's rhymes, adding a new dimension of sincerity to an already classic recording. Spin it below.


You can download the Born Ready To Die mixtape here.

Terry Urban
Official Site
Facebook
Twitter
SoundCloud

No comments: