Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cloud Nothings Share Their "Psychic Trauma"


Hey, listen...I hate to be that blogger who posts the hot track of the day, but I'm going to because I said I'm really only motivated to write and share things I'm stoked on. Enter "Psychic Trauma," the latest track released from Cloud Nothings' forthcoming album Here and Nowhere Else, out April 1st on Carpark/Mom+Pop (US) and March 31 on Wichita (UK/EU).

The title pretty much says it all, with a rattling, guttural, explosive brawl between noise rock and post-hardcore. In the past few years, Cloud Nothings' 2012 LP Attack On Memory has been one of the few newer records to come out that actually held my attention for repeated listens. There's something about the rough but calculated punch of passionate, aggressive rock music that's just as musically energizing as it is emotional. And based off of "Psychic Trauma" and first single "I'm Not A Part of Me," it seems like Cloud Nothings haven't missed a step in delivering another collection of exciting, guitar-driven jams. If you're feeling frustrated, I recommend spinning some Cloud Nothings from 2012 on and you'll probably feel that frustration slip away.



Pre-order Here and Nowhere Else here.

1 comment:

kelly stephens said...

listened to it, pretty good!