Thursday, July 28, 2011

LISTEN: The Great Wilderness - "Dark Horse" (Parts I and II)


From time to time, I head to Bandcamp and search for new music, especially stuff that doesn't originate from the U.S. Many months ago, I came across a band called The Great Wilderness, a shoegaze/dream rock outfit from Costa Rica. My buddy Asa recently shared a new track from the band called "Dark Horse" -- and now I wish I had written about them sooner.

"Dark Horse" is an 8+ minute epic that moves from the chilling serenity of mellow, reverb-dressed guitar riffs to powerful storms of distorted, washed out electric guitars that fill the sky. These four lovely ladies manage to move from a core of shoegaze heaven to a backbone of post-punk just over the halfway mark of the song, keeping things both fluid and exciting.

The Great Wilderness - "Dark Horse" (Full Version, Parts I and II)


Download "Dark Horse" in full or by parts below.



The Great Wilderness
Facebook
MySpace
SoundCloud

Thanks, Asa.

1 comment:

Diego said...

Hey. Very nice review. One of my favourites so far. Thanks for spreading the word.

Atentamente, el fan número uno.