Monday, August 15, 2011

Welcome to "Braid Week"


It's been 12 years since seminal '90s emo/post-hardcore outfit Braid disbanded -- and 13 year since they released their last album, 1998's excellent Frame and Canvas. My introduction to Braid was through, if I recall correctly, Epitonic when I downloaded "Killing a Camera." The song came from what has now become one of my favorite albums of all-time: that swan song of an album. I was rather late to the Braid party, having really only educated myself on their back catalog over the past few months. Nevertheless, "Killing a Camera" was one of the first songs that introduced me to indie rock back in high school. It's been a slow build, but, needless to say, Braid hold a special place in my heart.

To celebrate the band's return along with the release of a brand new EP full of new material, this week will be "Braid Week" here at Mixtape Muse. It only seemed fitting I make the background of the site the cover art for Frame and Canvas.

No comments: