Wednesday, December 07, 2011

LISTEN & DOWNLOAD: Lushlife (Feat. Cities Aviv) - "She's a Buddhist, I'm a Cubist" + 'No More Golden Days' Mixtape


If there's one thing I can say about 2011 and music, it would have to be that this was the year I got into -- or rather fell in love with -- hip hop. Yes, it was always there, but it was never something I really bothered to check into. Of the many albums/mixtapes I had the chance to check out this year, Philly rapper Lushlife's No More Golden Days mixtape was a highlight for me. Sharing this release with you all is just a bit overdue.

Aside from the great guest spots (Cities Aviv, Heems, Dice Raw), the sampling and overall production of this mixtape is absolutely fantastic. It's dreamy but real, raw but smooth. It's the kind of record that perfectly soundtracks a late night or prolongs some euphoric high you refuse to come down from. Check out one of the many standout tracks below and then stream (and then download for FREE) No More Golden Days below.

Lushlife (Feat. Cities Aviv) - "She's a Buddhist, I'm a Cubist"


Listen to all of No More Golden Days via SoundCloud (or Bandcamp) below. Download the mixtape for FREE here.



1 comment:

Keenan Casanova said...

You're right, the production on this mixtape is absolutley incredible!! My favorite track is "Back On My Slang" - The entire mixtape is cool though...definitley will keep an ear out for future music from Lushlife. Thanks for sharing!

-Keenan Casanova
www.kcasanova.com