Monday, September 17, 2012

LISTEN: Funkommunity - "Pass It On"


As I've stated fairly recently, I've struggled to keep my head in the music/music blogging game over the past few months. Whenever I feel a disconnect from this once overwhelming passion in my life, I find that soul music takes me right back into the fold. I've been feeling that disconnect once again, but New Zealand duo Funkommunity (kiwi soul producer extraordinaire Isaac Aesili and singer Rachel Fraser) have roped me back in with their blend of progressive R&B soul, specifically the song "Pass It On."


It begins with a neo-soul feel, but eventually winds up sounding a bit futuristic. Guitar chords accentuate the beat of the verse into a pre-chorus and chorus of rather epic proportions. It almost sounds like Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings collaborated with Little Dragon and SBTRKT.

"Pass It On" is the leadoff track from Funkommunity's debut full-length, Chequered Thoughts. Hear the whole thing below.

No comments: