Wednesday, January 04, 2012

SEE & HEAR: Secret Colours - "Faust" + EP3


Secret Colours seem to be one of the few consistently great independent bands that have suffered the injustice of being overlooked by the music listener. I’d be lying if I told you I’ve been keeping up with their output for the past few years, but I’d be telling the God’s honest truth if I said that each time I check in with them, I’m never disappointed. If you’ve tasted a psychedelic/post-psychedelic cocktail – it’s a metaphor, hopefully for most of you – and always come out feeling less than excited, Secret Colours are probably what you’ve been searching for. I think the mark of a compelling band is one that champions a certain genre of music honestly, sounding more like forefathers and less like offspring. With the confident stride of britpop propelling them forward, Secret Colours carry on the psychedelic rock torch with heads held high, lost in a haze of psychedelia.

Secret Colours - "Faust"




"Faust" is from Secret Colours latest release, EP3. Hear/download the whole thing below.



Secret Colours
Official Site
Bandcamp
Facebook
Twitter

No comments: